About The Aaron Harber Show™
The Aaron Harber Show™ is a weekly television program promoting mutually respectful civil discourse. Its broadcast originates from Denver, Colorado (the nation’s 16th largest media market) and is broadcast across Colorado by:
(1) Denver metro area commercial station KCDO-TV Channel 3 (K3 Colorado).
(2) COMCAST Entertainment Television (CET) — statewide.
(3) ION Media Networks (KPXC-TV) — statewide.
(4) Other Colorado broadcast outlets and broadcasters elsewhere via cable & satellite.
Never before in the history of television has a series such as “Colorado Election 2010” dedicated the equivalent of almost 50 programs to a single election year. Many shows from all the series can be viewed at no charge at COMCAST’s Video on Demand service and are available 24/7 for on-demand viewing.
The program is a nonpartisan forum for accuracy and truth via mutually respectful discourse. It is in diametric opposition to television’s use of gratuitous conflict, false controversy, polarization, and personal attacks.
John Sie, founder and former Chairman & CEO, STARZ Entertainment Group. “The Aaron Harber Show” offers our nation a desperately needed, fact-based forum for civil discourse and problem-resolution. By featuring the world’s most prominent guests sharing their perspectives across the political spectrum, the program objectively informs viewers so they can come to their own conclusions. Aaron’s extraordinary depth of knowledge, experience, and wit allow him to probe at deeper levels while simultaneously entertaining his ever-expanding audience.”
Clark Bunting, President of The DISCOVERY Channel. “What sets Aaron apart is his remarkably diplomatic approach — asking the tough questions most hosts shy away from and then, without offending his guests, adroitly eliciting surprisingly candid and often profound answers.”
Joseph Koker, President, Television Station Group, ION MEDIA NETWORKS. “‘The Aaron Harber Show’ continues to win kudos from all sectors of the political spectrum. The nonpartisan and non-confrontational forum he anchors provides for a free-flowing discussion of important issues of the day. This makes his show timely, educational and entertaining.”
Richard Buchanan, Vice President & General Manager of Content Services, COMCAST. “As a result of the credibility Aaron has amassed through his nonpartisan reputation for seeking the truth, he uniquely fills the void in the programming landscape dominated by polarizing political commentary which simply echoes the point of view of its audience. Because Aaron reaches people across the entire political spectrum and provides them with accurate and balanced information, ‘The Aaron Harber Show’ has the potential to be transformational at a time the Media urgently needs to meet the obligations of the Fourth Estate.”
Aaron is recognized as a moderator who facilitates civil debate among diverse guests. The show’s relaxed style, long-form structure, and variety of personalities make it entertaining and educational. Aaron is known for adroitly drawing out his guests from the worlds of politics, government, entertainment, media, education, business, religion, and the arts for insightful, substantive discussions of regional, national and international issues. A sample of Aaron’s guests includes…
- Secretary of State Madeleine Albright
- Secretary of State, Treasury Secretary, and White House Chief of Staff James Baker
- U.S. Surgeon General, Vice Admiral, and Dr. Regina Benjamin
- National Commission on Fiscal Responsibility and Reform Co-Chair Erskine Bowles
- Washington Post executive Ben Bradlee
- Supreme Court Justice Stephen Breyer
- Kaufman & Broad (KB) Homes Co-Founder, SunAmerica key investor, and author Eli Broad
- “AVATAR,” ‘Titanic,” and “Terminator” award-winning film director James Cameron
- President Jimmy Carter
- Secretary of Homeland Security Michael Chertoff
- Wellness and Integrative Medicine pacesetter Dr. Deepak Chopra
- The artist Christo
- NATO Alliance Supreme Commander & presidential candidate General Wesley Clark
- President Bill Clinton
- Academy Award-winning actor and environmental entrepreneur Kevin Costner
- Indiana Governor and former Director of the Office of Management & Budget Mitch Daniels
- Democratic National Committee Chairman Howard Dean
- Forbes Inc. Chairman and former presidential candidate Steve Forbes
- U.S. Senate Majority Leader Bill Frist
- U.S. Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg
- “Democracy Now” television host Amy Goodman
- Iraq Study Group Co-Chair & Congressman Lee Hamilton
- Actress and environmental activist Darryl Hannah
- U.S. Senator and Department of Defense Advisory Council Chair Gary Hart
- Actress and child welfare advocate Goldie Hawn
- Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City President Thomas Hoenig
- Publisher and commentator Arianna Huffington
- Washington Post Columnist and award-winning author David Ignatius
- TIME Magazine Editor, CNN Chairman & Aspen Institute CEO Walter Isaacson
- The Reverend Jesse Jackson
- Environmental Protection Agency Administrator and Cabinet member Lisa Jackson
- Congressman, HUD Secretary, and Vice-President nominee Jack Kemp
- 2004 presidential nominee and U.S. Senator John Kerry
- New York Times columnist and Pulitzer Prize winner Nicholas Kristof
- Economist, New York Times columnist, and Nobel Prize winner Paul Krugman
- U.S. Secretary of Transportation Ray LaHood
- PBS Anchor Jim Lehrer
- FBI Director Robert S. Mueller, III
- Pakistani President, General Pervez Musharraf
- Activist and presidential candidate Ralph Nader
- CRAIGSLIST creator and founder Craig Newmark
- Jordan’s Queen Noor
- Americans for Tax Reform President Grover Norquist
- U.S. Supreme Court Justice Sandra Day O’Connor
- U.S. Solicitor General Theodore Olson
- “America’s Doctor,” star of “The Doctor Oz Show,” and cardiologist Doctor Mehmet Oz
- U.S. Secretary of Energy and Secretary of Transportation Federico Pena
- “Mother Goose and Grimm” cartoonist and Pulitzer Prize winner Mike Peters
- CIA Director, General David Petraeus (interviewed at the Pentagon and with Aaron in Iraq)
- Oilman and “Picken’s Plan” author T. Boone Pickens
- General and former Secretary of State Colin Powell
- ABC’s Cokie Roberts
- Ireland President & U.N. Human Rights Commissioner Mary Robinson
- U.S. Senator and U.S. Interior Secretary Ken Salazar
- CBS Anchor Bob Schieffer
- U.S. Senator and Financial Reform & Responsibility Commission Co-Chair Alan Simpson
- U.S. Secretary of Labor and the country’s first Latina Cabinet member Hilda Solis
- Director, Producer, Screenplay Writer, and three-time Academy Award winner Oliver Stone
- Congressman & presidential candidate Tom Tancredo
- CNN founder and Media magnate Ted Turner
- AFL-CIO President Richard Trumka
- U.S. Comptroller General David Walker
- NBC Nightly News Anchor Brian Williams
- United Nations Foundation President and U.S. Senator Timothy Wirth
With degrees from Princeton’s Woodrow Wilson School of Public & International Affairs (where he concentrated in Economics) and Harvard’s John F. Kennedy School of Government (where his focus was on ethics in government, business, and politics as well as on campaign finance regulation in all 50 states), Aaron’s background combines expertise in international affairs, economics, law, business, and politics.
An ardent defender of the First Amendment and equal rights, Aaron gained national recognition when he was sued frivolously for $20 million by Rush Limbaugh, et al, for using the word “Rush” in the title of his national radio program (“After the Rush“). With support across the political spectrum, Aaron prevailed in the federal court case and Rush eventually was forced to dismiss his own case. He used humor throughout the event as he does on his television show and thanked Rush for promoting his career.
When Aaron started in Talk Radio, the industry’s leading publication — “TALKERS MAGAZINE” — selected him out of 5,000 hosts across the country as one of America’s “100 Most Important Talk Show Hosts” (along with others such as Don Imus, G. Gordon Liddy, Rush Limbaugh, Dr. Laura Schlesinger, Howard Stern, and Bruce Williams).
In 1998, Aaron moved from the Talk America Radio Network (where he was heard on 51 radio stations nationally) exclusively into the television arena. He was the co-host and then the sole host of “Spontaneous CombustionTM” — a public television show offering diverse programming which included topics such as current events, the arts, legal topics, health matters, science issues, education, politics, consumer affairs, economics, business high technology, and all forms of entertainment.
“The Aaron Harber Show” premiered on Colorado Public Television (KBDI-TV) in 2002. He moved to commercial station Channel 3, commercial station KCDO-TV (K3 Colorado), in 2010 when he was offered a Sunday Prime Time slot and a second weekly program.
In 2012, “The Aaron Harber Show” is providing extensive election-related programming, especially given the fact Colorado is considered a “toss-up” state. Despite having only nine (9) Electoral College votes, Colorado has the potential to decide the Presidential Election as well as which national party controls the U.S. House of Representatives. The latter is due to the fact five of the State’s seven congressional districts are on the list of the nation’s most highly contested House seats.
Control of the Colorado General Assembly and controversial statewide ballot issues on such topics as legalizing the use of marijuana and the passage of a Personhood constitutional amendment outlawing abortion also mean Colorado will be a battleground at multiple levels.
Please email [email protected] for more information or to make arrangements to have Aaron as a keynote speaker. Thank you!
“USA Talk Network,” “The Aaron Harber Show,” “Colorado Election 2010,” and “Colorado Now!” are registered trademarks and the proprietary products, trade names, and properties of USA Talk Network, Inc. and/or Aaron Harber — Post Office Box 17143, Boulder, Colorado 80308-0143.